Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Spinning and Blinking

When I first met Dave he was nuts. Ask him, he will tell you all about telepathy and Eazy E. I worked at a Bagel Bakery and one of the guys who worked there lived in Dave's basement. I used to walk over to his house around 5AM to catch a ride to work. Everything in the house at that point either blinked or spun. Most of it did both. The first time I ever got high on marijuana--not the first time I smoked--I mean the first time I realized it was a DRUG was sitting on the couch 5:30 with everything spinning and blinking with Dave blasting Throbbing Gristle records at us before he went to bed. So years later Dave has a Box Elders light that spins and blinks on the inside of his kick drum. You can see it in action in this video of us playing at Sokol Auditorium in July.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What is the name of this song?
It's really good!!! Do you plan on recording it?